Friday 6 February 2009

Making mushroom tea

Shitake and Reishi mushrooms are very strong anti cancer foods I hera, I keep myself free of cancer by making a lovely tea out of them. I then counteract the tea by smoking constantly and drinking whenever I can.

For one cup of anti cancer tea take about 10-15 grams of wet fruit ( bare in mind that the second flush of homegrown mushrooms will be stronger so you may only need 10 grams ) if your using dried fruit I'd say use between 5-7 grams depending on the flush.

Finely chop up the mushrooms and drop them into a cup with about a tablespoon of lemon or lime juice in the bottom. The citric acid will start to break down the mushrooms making the anti cancer compounds more readily available to your gut. Soak for about 30 mins.

Fill up the cup with cold water and pour this into a saucepan, then fill the cup halfway up and add this water too.

Bring the tea up to a boil and turn the heat as low as you can , leave the lid off too.

You dont want to heat the tea too vigorously as this may damage the anti cancer compounds and you don't want to heat it for more than about 30 mins.

When done strain the tea into a cup , you can drink this hot or cold.

I'm sure you could use this recipe for field mushrooms or whatever, but why would you do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment